“Why I took a break from acting to become a caregiver in London” Rita Dominic reveals (Video)


Nollywood actress and filmmaker, Rita Dominic has revealed why she took a break from acting at some point to become a caregiver in London.


The movie star, who has been in Ghana for some days now, while speaking at the Women of Valour International Women’s Day event, explained that she was going through a dark period in her life and she had fallen out with her friends, whom she considered family. As such, she took a break from the industry, because she needed to get out and leave that space for a minute.


She said she gave up her stardom, moved to London, and while struggling to make ends meet, she started working as a caregiver. She added that taking care of others brought her joy and purpose at the time, and hence, why she didn’t feel it was a downgrade.



“Many of you do not know but in 2001/2002 I stopped acting, I left the industry, and I moved to London because it was a very dark period of my life like I said, I had these issues, I just fell out with some friends I considered family and I just gave up acting for a while, I needed to get out, just leave that space for a minute.

“And then I moved to London and then gave up stardom and then, you won’t believe it. This is something I never told people before but while in London I was trying to make ends meet so I started working in a care home as a caregiver for adults with specīal needs, while some might view it as a step-down, I don’t.


Taking care of others brought me joy and purpose at the time I needed it most because remember I took care of my mother and my father when they were ill because I was alone with them.”


In an interview with Joy997fm Ghana, she revealed that a group of persuasive marketers had banned her from featuring in Nollywood movies. According to her, during the VCD era, Nollywood marketers were like mini-gods.


She added that she stopped appearing at movie locations because she tried to bring up a new development in the industry.


The light-skinned movie star has been opening up about her personal life during her tour in Ghana as in another interview, she revealed why she married late, which she stated was for the right reasons and not societal pressure.


Rita admitted that though she met a lot of good men, they weren’t compatible and she isn’t one to force things when it isn’t working.


Speaking on her marital life, she described her marriage to Fidelis Anosike as nice and interesting as she noted how she and her husband had been friends for years before they fell in love and got married.


Recall that Rita Dominic tied the knot to her beau, Fidelis Anosike in a talk of the town’s traditional and white wedding ceremony in 2022.


Her journey to forever began in April when she held her traditional wedding in Imo State. This was followed by her white wedding in November, which was the opposite of her traditional wedding, as it was more low-key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a2

Popular Posts