“I met my wife before I had money” Davido reveals (Video)


Nigerian music star, David Adeleke better known as Davido has made a new revelation on his marriage to Chioma Rowland.


In a recent interview, Davido disclosed that he met Chioma before he had money and became a superstar. According to him, if he hadn’t met Chioma at that time, it would have been hard for him to get married now as he would feel every woman wants him for his money or status.


Davido stated that he derives more joy knowing that his inner circle majorly consists of those who were with him before the fame and wealth.


“I have a friend, anytime I am on the phone with my wife, he would say he has everything in the world, but a wife is what he is missing.

I met my wife before I had money, but I was telling myself if I didn’t meet her before then and now I am single, and I meet a girl, it wouldn’t be the same. I would feel the lady is talking to me because I am Davido and I have money. My own success is when I see people around who were there when I had nothing and they see me now, that’s the feeling, not like when you blow up and start hanging out with a new set of people. You need to keep the people that were there with you since grinding”.

In a previous interview, Davido had narrated how he met his wife, Chioma Rowland while at Babcock University where he was studying Music and Chioma was studying Economics.


According to him, he had wooed her in his first year at the University and she had turned him down despite his celebrity status. Davido narrated how he sent his PA to call Chioma and she declined, but they later met up in Lagos where things got heated from there.


Esabod Global News reported in November 2022 that Davido and Chioma had gotten married following the loss of their son.


The court wedding, which had few family friends in attendance with no camera allowed, was held at Davido’s father’s house.


In January, the singer paid Chioma’s bride price (Umunna) in full at Ezeala Odu, Imo state. Photos and videos posted online, captured Chioma’s dad performing the Umunna rites and Umuada rites.


Last year, Davido revealed his biggest disappointment, disclosing that he has only been disappointed in himself with the way he handled his rift with his wife, Chioma before they got married.


The father of five noted how he could have done better as his wife is an amazing person. However, he was lucky that he was able to fix it and now they are married.



No comments:

Post a Comment

a2

Popular Posts