“I have never been interested in fame” Lateef Adedimeji emotional as he gets honored with Doctorate degree, reintroduces himself



It is an emotional time for Nollywood actor, Lateef Adedimeji as he gets honored with a Doctorate degree.

Esabod Global news reported days back that Lateef Adedimeji was set to be honored with a Doctor of Philosophy from International University, Estam University.


According to the University, the award is to celebrate him for his exceptional talent and tremendous achievement in the movie industry.

The award ceremony took place a day back and Lateef has shared clips from the priceless moment. He revealed that he was moved to tears as he was adorned with the beautiful robe.


According to him, he has never been interested in fame, he only wanted to be happy in his craft and the lives that he aspires to. He noted the irony of how he burned midnight candles to master his lines and perfect his expression, now he is getting rewarded with a Ph.D.


Lateef went on to reintroduce himself as Fr Abdullateef Adedimeji Adetola, a Doctor of Philosophy in Arts and Culture.


“I was moved to tears as I got adorned in this beautiful robe.


I have never been interested in fame, I just wanted to be happy with my craft and the lives that I inspire.


lad!es and gentlemen, today, I have a new title, one I couldn’t have imagined would come without me facing invigilators and keeping late nights to study…


The irony is really interesting. I burn midnight candles to master my lines and perfect my expressions, now I’m getting rewarded with what could have been if I did it for classroom reasons.

I humbly reintroduce myself, I AM DR.


 ABDULLATEEF ADEDIMEJI ADETOLA, Doctor of Philosophy in Art and Culture from Estam University, Benin”.



A few weeks back, Lateef Adedimeji had expressed excitement at receiving an award for his role in Femi Adebayo’s movie, Jagun Jagun.


Taking to his Instagram page to share a clip from the ceremony, he stated that being honored on stage alongside the gods of Nollywood was one of the highlights of his career. He vowed to never forget the moment, which he is proud of.


He gave a shout-out to Africa International Film Festival for the recognition and award.


Months back, Lateef left his wife, Mo Bimpe feeling proud of him, in Vienna, Austria as he bagged an international award for his role in the movie, Ayinla.


Showering love on him, Mo Bimpe expressed her pride in him for constantly making her proud and praising him for being a humble superstar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

a2

Popular Posts