OMG: Shettima mourns slain UI Professor, Ajewole⁣

Late Professor AjewoleThe Vice President, Sen. Kashim Shettima, on Tuesday, described the murder of the renowned Professor of Social and Environmental Forestry at the University of Ibadan, Opeyemi Ajewole, “as a rude shock.” ⁣

He also commiserates with family while praying for the repose of Ajewole’s soul. ⁣

The PUNCH reported that suspected gunmen shot and killed the Professor on his way home on Monday night.⁣



Confirming the incident on Tuesday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Adewale Osifeso, said, “The matter is under investigation. Updates would be provided accordingly, please.”⁣

In a statement he personally signed laHe said, “I received today the shocking news of the death of Prof. Opeyemi Ajewole who was gunned down by yet-to-be-identified assailants.⁣

“The late Opeyemi, a renowned Professor of Social and Environmental Forestry, was my classmate at the University of Ibadan and his untimely death just days after personally congratulating me on my swearing-in, came as a rude shock.⁣

“I condemn the gruesome killing of Prof. Opeyemi, and wish to express my deep condolences to his family and the University of Ibadan Master Class of 1990. I pray for the repose of his gentle soul.”⁣ 

te Tuesday, the Vice President expressed shock over the killing. ⁣

No comments:

Post a Comment

a2

Popular Posts